Welcome to EuroVis 2010
Eurographics/IEEE Symposium on Visualization, June 9 - 11, Bordeaux, France
Venue & Travel Information
Getting to Bordeaux
Bordeaux is in the southwest of France, near the European Atlantic coast. You can get to Bordeaux by train, by plane, or by car. The main train station is Bordeaux Saint-Jean. The Bordeaux airport is located in Merignac (12 kms from Bordeaux downtown). The airport provides connections to many French and European cities.
Getting to the conference place
The conference will take place at the Bordeaux 1 campus. Registration will be located at LaBRI (Laboratoire bordelais de recherche en informatique) and the conference presentations will take place in the LaBRI and IXL buildings (see campus map).
Address: LaBRI, University of Bordeaux 1, 351 cours de la Liberation, 33400 Talence
- From the Bordeaux Saint-Jean train station:
The easiest way to get to the university is to take the the Liane 10 bus (direction "Gradignan Beausoleil") and get off at "Peixotto".
Two other options are possible:
- take the Liane 9 bus (direction "Brandenburg") and get off at "Barrière Saint-Genès". Then take the tram (B line, direction "Pessac centre"). The nearest stops to LaBRI are "Peixotto" and "Bethanie"(see tram and campus map).
- take tram (C line, direction "Les Aubiers") and get off at "Quinconces". Then change to the B line, direction "Pessac centre". The nearest stops to LaBRI are "Peixotto" and "Bethanie" (see tram and campus maps).
- From the airport:
Two options are possible:
- take the shuttle (Jet'Bus) to Bordeaux. Get off at "Office de Tourisme" and the tram (B line, direction "Pessac centre") and get off at "Peixotto" or "Bethanie" (see tram and campus maps).
- take the Liane 1 bus, and get off at the terminus "Bordeaux Quinconces". Then take the tram (B line), direction "Pessac centre" and get off at "Peixotto" or "Bethanie" (see tram and campus maps).
- By car:
From the freeway ("rocade") take exit 16 ("Talence-Domaine Universitaire"). Drive in the direction of "Bordeaux centre" on "Cours de la Liberation". You will enter the campus through the main entrance which is a big green gate.
To book accomodations
- BORDEAUX TOURIST OFFICE
- Some suggestions:
- HOTEL NOTRE DAME DES CHARTRONS (BORDEAUX): 36/38 rue Notre-Dame. Phone: (33)556 52 88 24. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. Tram station: "CAPC Musee d'art contemporain", 30 minutes from LaBRI. Very nice area, near the docks.
- HOTEL GAMBETTA (BORDEAUX DOWNTOWN): 66 rue Porte-Dijeaux, Phone: (33)556 51 21 83. Email : email@example.com. www.hotel-gambetta.com. In the historic area. Tram station: Gambetta, 20 minutes from LaBRI.
- HOTEL CHEZ PHILIP (TALENCE): 132 rue de la Medoquine. Phone: (33)556 80 46 46. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. very convenient: 5 minutes from LaBRI.
- HOTEL TENEO SUITE (TALENCE): 8 allee du 7e art. Phone: (33)557 35 76 00. www.teneo.fr. Very convenient: 5 minutes from LaBRI.